Saturday, May 12, 2007

"A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity"

As my skills in photography have grown over time I look at my work with a more critical eye. I see the consistent lighting I want, good composure, rule of thirds and other photography "rules" being followed. I see that my colors have become better and my black and whites have more depth. The technical side of my work gets stronger and stronger. I am kind of a geek after all. Now I want more!

For me, the next step is the creative side of my photography. I know it can be stronger and I'm taking steps to bring it to the next level and higher. To do this, I'm starting a new book called the ARTIST'S WAY by Julia Cameron. It's a 12 week course to rediscover your creative side and bring it out. To go along with this I've also joined a group online, referred to as a cluster to work through the book. We will be learning and growing together while we work through the book and its exercises chapter by chapter. Right now I don't know where this will lead or what will come of it since I haven't even read the book yet, but I am anxious to find out. I'll post on here from time to time on my progress.

No comments: