Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Does anybody really know what time it is?

Computer is busy processing a batch of files right now so I thought I'd play around a little. Messing around with my large 60" umbrella and a 580 Canon flash bounced into it. Mixing this with the existing ambient light to get a nice pleasing picture. I then converted this to an old timey black and white using Lightroom from Adobe. Great software which is only going to get better.

Notice anything amiss about the clock? It used to belong to my Grandpa Stanley. My Mom passed it on to me. I don't know where he got it but knowing him it was from a flea market. He lived for those things! Clock still works and tells time when I remember to wind it up. Who remembers these kinds of things in todays electronic rush world though? It's nice to have things like this around to remember your past with. Too many only look forwards and forget what was behind them. Anyways, enjoy the clock, I do.

No comments: