Friday, May 18, 2007

Holy Rock

As part of my Artists Way workshop I'm going through I went on an "artists date" today. I had planned on going to the zoo but the weather was a little rough so I ended up going to Garden of the Gods instead. What's an artists date you ask? Basically it's taking yourself somewhere to let your mind wander and relax and take in its surroundings without anyone else along to interfere. Some "me" time if you will. I brought along my camera because I wanted to look at places to shoot while I was there. Kind of cheating but the weather this week has been problematical and I hadn't been able to get out there earlier. I'm doing a family portrait in the Garden tomorrow and needed to be prepared. Even though there was no real sun I could see hints of what I'm going to get tomorrow. Hopefully Mother Nature will pull through for me and we'll have a glorious sunset. I'm really counting on that light! Here's just one of the pictures I took while wandering around. I love how the Garden has a three dimensional look to it, don't you? Enjoy.

No comments: