Saturday, December 1, 2007

LUMU

Taking it to the next level.

One of the techniques I've been working on is off camera lighting. It really adds another dimension to my photography. One of the sites that I have learned a lot from is called Strobist. It's a site dedicated to small off camera flashes. If you want to learn off camera lighting it's an excellent place to start.

I think you get to a point though where it helps to have someone actually show you some of the techniques applied in the real world. Along this end I've just signed up for LUMU. LUMU is what's called a light it up meetup. We're going to meet up with other photographers and models and share lighting techniques. This is going to take place in Rifle, Colorado at Rifle Falls State Park. Hopefully the weather is going to cooperate with us. I'm sure it's still going to be chilly but I'm looking forward to learning and growing as a photographer. Check back mid March to see pictures from the Meetup.

No comments: