Sunday, October 21, 2007

Winter is Here in Colorado Springs

Well, it seems winter is coming to Colorado Springs. It's been a cold and snowy day. Didn't have much to do and really didn't feel like being cold so I stuck close to the house most of the day. I did take a few shots though. It's a rare day I don't do something with my cameras. Mainly, I worked on lighting ratios with multiple flashes and my light meter. Got a pretty good handle on it.

The snow on my side of town didn't stick around very long since it wasn't cold enough. I did go out and get a few shots of it melting in the bushes around the house. Here's one that I especially like. The full size is pretty large. I made it 1280x1024 if you would like to use it as a wallpaper.



Towards the end of the day I could tell Chester was bored out of his head so I relented and got dressed and took him out to the 21st Street Dog Park. Did you know it's one of the top 10 dog parks in the country? Of course a camera came with! Here is a view from the back of the park looking towards the Front Range. This side of town is a little higher being more in the foothills so their snow was sticking around. Hope you enjoy this shot. It was a real pretty evening.




As you can see it was a little cool today. We should still have a little warm weather left but it's not long before Old Man Winter settles in for the duration here. Hope wherever you are it's warm.

No comments: