Friday, July 13, 2007

Fun wedding up in Fort Collins

And what a great little town it is too. This was the first time I've been up that way. I second shot on this one along with my friend Patricia. This was a long but fun wedding. Jamie and Taryn were full of love and life and you could just see it shining out of them. They were also full of fun. Enjoyed hamming it up for the camera and were game for just about anything.






My first job of the day was to go along with the groom and his groomsmen while they went to a "real" barbershop to get shaves with a straight blade. It's been a while since I've seen one of those used. Used to get them all the time but in this day and age it's become a rare art form. At first the groom seem really relaxed and was having a good time. Of course, being the good groom, he wasn't having as much fun as the other groomsmen were.



But I noticed as time went by he seemed kind of quiet and subdued, I wonder why.



Before we all headed off to the CottonWood Club, I swung by the hotel the girls were staying at and and grabbed this shot of Taryn's dress. She had a beautiful flowing dress that suited her to a T!



Once we got to the Cottonwood Club the guys did the "march" that all guys seem to do before a monumental occasion such as this.



The ceremony itself was fun and upbeat. After the more formal vows Jamie and Taryn went into a Dr. Seuss rhyming style of vows which everyone loved. We did formals after the ceremony and as you can see from this shot, they weren't your average formals.




The reception, like the rest of this wedding, was just a blast also. I didn't get to photograph the first dance because I was holding a flash for Patricia, and she got some great shots but Patricia took a turn at the flash for me and I got this Father Daughter shot that I just love.



The rest of the dancing was to say the least, energetic. The bride got airborne more then once and from what I hear basically lost her voice from all the karaoke they sang. Here's one of her in the air. Almost didn't get this shot because I didn't realize she was going to do this.



At times, I almost felt like I had wondered onto the set of a musical!



As you can tell from this sampling, it was a great time for all. Let me just leave you with a shot of their rings as a symbol of their lasting love.

No comments: