Saturday, June 23, 2007

Lovell Gulch Wildflower Hike

Went on a good hike this morning. I recently joined a hiking group on meetup.com called Awesome Hikes and Adventures in Colorado Springs. This was one of their many hikes they do. We went specifically to look at the wildflowers. The time of day probably wasn't the best since it was later in the morning to early afternoon that we were out there but I still got some good pictures out of it. I'll post one favorite on here but the rest of them will be on my website under the Personal tab.

I was really excited about this butterfly picture. I've tried to get pictures of them before and basically struck out. Unless you get them early in the morning they are very active. This guy landed right in front of me when I was getting ready to take a picture of the flower he landed on. I got this one with my trusty Canon G6 point and shoot. It does really nice macros.


No comments: